Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)


Q. How do I get in touch with an expert?

A. If you know whom you would like to speak to, please contact the public affairs representative at the hospital where the expert is located.

If you don’t have a specific expert in mind, try contacting the public affairs representative for the site of the specialty you are interested in. He or she can help recommend an appropriate spokesperson for you.

Q. I’d like to film on UHN property. How do I get permission?

A. Our policy is that all film crews on hospital property must be supervised by a UHN public affairs representative. Please contact the public affairs representative for the hospital where you would like to film. Our first priority is to accommodate news media covering stories directly related to UHN activities and patient care. All other requests are considered on an individual basis, with patients and staff in mind.

Q. How do I find out about a patient’s condition?

A. To protect the confidentiality of our patients, we cannot release any information without the patient’s consent. For more information about our privacy policy, visit the UHN Privacy Office Web page.


[back to top]

Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy | Copyright © 2008
University Health Network 190 Elizabeth Street, Toronto ON M5G 2C4